I'm Rishabh Kaul. I live in London with my incredible wife after spending the last few years spread across India & USA.
I'm currently leading marketing at Appsmith (since May 2021), an open source low-code platform to help developers make internal tools in an easy and fast manner. Prior to this, I was the Co-founder of Belong, a SaaS platform in the talent place for 7 years.
I've been an accidental entrepreneur and enjoy activities at the intersection of storytelling, data and technology.
I love listening to people's stories, have a keen interest in how people shape and grow in their careers and love learning about how technology is shaping the world around us.
I also sporadically angel invest either in ideas that I have a high conviction (typically around B2B technology) or in startups founded by friends who I've known for a while. More recently, I've been doing this via a syndicate that I run called Goodfellas
Run a syndicate called Goodfellas (https://angel.co/s/rishabh-kaul-2/x56RO) to invest in SaaS / Developer Tools startups.
stealth security (a16z)
stealth devtools (Sequoia)
superk.in: Next-gen retail network for Bharat (021 Capital)
argonaut.dev: Devops automation platform (YC, Quiet Capital)
requestly.io: platform for API simulations and debugging (YC, Sequoia)
useopenwrench.com: SaaS for facilities management (YC, Haystack)
taxscouts.com: tax platform for Europe (SpeedInvest, Octopus)
kodif.io: CX automation platform (BlingCap, Village Global)
inuka.vc: micro vc investing in early stage companies
pagarbook.com: HR Stack for India's 5M MSMEs (Sequoia)
bitespeed.co: Customer Engagement platform for Shopify brands (Sequoia)
looppanel.com: SaaS product for user research (Speciale Invest)
codedamn: interactive coding platform to help people learn programming (Antler)
Bicycle.ai: Customer Support as a service (shut down)
Belong: First investor before joining full time as a co-founder (Sequoia, Matrix, Blume)
I am always up for meeting and helping people. If you're an engineer, entrepreneur, product manager, designer or even a clown and have an interesting story to share or need to brainstorm / get feedback on what you're doing please feel free to write to me at rishabh [dot] kaul [at] gmail [dot] com . I will try my best to reply as soon as I can.
The Internet has a short attention span, but you might also recognize me from one of my previous entrepreneurial adventures:
Startups & Investing:
- Co-founder, Belong, a SaaS talent management platform backed by Sequoia, Matrix et al
- Early employee at GreyOrange, backed by Tiger, Mithril - 2014
- Launched Spark, BITS Pilani's alumni angel network - 2011
- Community at National Entrepreneurship Network - 2010
Social Impact and Development
- VC at Aavishkaar, a 1B+ AUM impact investment fund - 2013
- Marketing at Grassroutes, a travel based youth fellowship to inspire them to take up social action - 2009
- Staff Writer at Nextbillion, a popular publication by UMich + Acumen, on market based solutions to poverty alleviation - 2008
Every thing else
- Quizzer, youth cricketer, Rock Show organiser, Indie movie festival organiser etc...